PowerHub Hardship Policy
From time-to-time, and for different reasons, customers may face financial hardship and find it difficult to pay their energy bill. We understand that electricity is an essential service and we want our customers to enjoy continued access to that essential service.
Our Hardship Policy is aimed at working collaboratively with our customers to understand their individual situation and to together establish affordable payment arrangements that are equitable, sustainable, and in line with their capacity to pay.
Access to the Program
Causes of financial hardship are varied and can lead to a short-term issue or sometimes an ongoing problem.
To access our hardship program, you can make contact with our friendly customer service staff over the phone or via email and initiate a conversation about your situation.
If your payment history with us suggests that you may be having financial difficulties, then we will contact you to discuss your situation and your potential enrolment in our hardship program if that is something that you wish to do.
In some instances, we may be contacted by your financial counsellor or community assistance agency and in these cases, we will work collaboratively, and with your consent, to find a suitable solution.
How can we help?
Every customer circumstance is different, and our program will make use of different solutions tailored to your circumstances, which may include:
- Flexible payment options;
- Selection of a suitable energy plan;
- Advice on energy efficiency measures;
- Centrepay direct payments;
- Direct debit establishment;
- Concessions and rebates;
- Government assistance programs; and
- Financial counselling advice.
Your rights and obligations
As a customer in hardship, you can be assured of PowerHub’s commitment to:
- Interact empathetically, with respect and understanding of your circumstances;
- Respond promptly;
- Apply our policy in a transparent, consistent and fair manner;
- Provide information on rebates and government concessions;
- Provide information about local financial counselling;
- Provide information on efficient energy use;
- Agree on a fair and reasonable payment plan; and
- Not disconnect your service whilst you are actively participating in the program.
In exchange, PowerHub will expect you to:
- Provide an honest description of your financial circumstances;
- Inform PowerHub of any change in your financial circumstances;
- Collaborate with PowerHub to manage your energy consumption;
- Pay the agreed payment amounts by the due date; and
- Contact PowerHub before the due date if you are unable to make a payment.
Customers experiencing financial hardship may request further information or apply to enrol in the PowerHub Hardship Program directly with PowerHub through the following channels:
Telephone: 1300 19 66 73
Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 8:00pm and Saturday: 8:00am to 5:00pm (AEST/AEDT)
Mail: PowerHub, PO Box 110, Spring Hill QLD 4000
Full policy – Click here to see our full hardship policy.